Friday 10 August 2018


Sanwariya Re Kaahe Maaro Najariya

posted 10th August, 2018

Dear Rare and Good taste enjoying friends, here is one more GEM on My Blog 'Anmol Geet Bharati'.

The song being presented today, is a traditional composition and the tune is set by our beloved Music Director Jaidev-ji.  From this 3rd August we are celebrating his birth centenary till the coming August 3, 2019.

Chhaya Ganguli told me about a month ago that she and Hariharan are planning to present a Master-Show at NCPA Theatre, in memory of Jaidev. I soon prepared Jaidev's entire collections from my Khajana and gave her a Pen-drive containing those gems. Within two-three days I received a call from Hariharan thanking me.

Chhayaji informed me that a spcial invitation will be waiting for me at the Tata Theater on 5th August and I shoud take a cab and reach there by 6 PM. (The fare was proptly reimbursed by the NCPA.) Equipped with my medical support belt and my seat-walking stick, I was there by 5:30 PM.  NCPA Director Dr. Suvarna Rao and her assistant Gargi received me with warmth at the entrance of the back-stage. Soon, for one and a half hours there, I was in seventh heaven in between so many Music Luminaries. The proof of Pooding is in these Photos.






When introduced to Hariharan, he RaolVinched me. (coined this new word today, meaning embraced me)  

In my next instalment Hari Ichchha permitting, I will give some audios from that Jaidev night. It was a long program and I will talk about it in instalments.

I have no much details about today's song. It is from an un-finished and unpublished film of 1970s.   The name of the film Khunnas appears in the Filmography of Jaidev. (Even the song has Jaidev stamp). The so called duet is by Lata-ji (who else?) and her surilee sister Usha. I have not been able to separate their voices as it seems Usha has sung not separate lines but has accompanied Lataji in some lines.




Song: Saanwariya re kaahe maaro nazariya (Khunnas 1970s- Un-Released), Singers: Lata-Usha Mangeshkar, Lyrics: Traditional, Music: Jaidev.

 Lyrics:

sanwariya re eee
sanwariya re eee eee
sanwariya re kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya re kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya
haa aaan aaa
sanwariya re kaahe maaro najariya re
kaahe
kaahe maaro najariya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya

Haan aaa aaa aaaa
It bahe ganga, ut bahe jamuna
It bahe ganga, ut bahe jamuna
bich mein kaaro kanhaiya re
bich mein kaaro kanhaiya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya re kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya

smatat jaa aa..un re, lipatat jaaun
smatat jaaun ipatat jaaun re
smatat jaaun ipatat jaaun
kanchi lagaa ke chunariya re
kanchi lagaa ke chunariya re
kanchi lagaa ke chunariya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya re kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya
haan aa aa
sanwariya re kaahe maaro najariya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya
kaahe maaro najariya re
sanwariya
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiya Piya Pe Kya Jaadoo

After a considerable long absence from my Blog, at last I have collected my wits to present one more rare song of real good taste to thos...